FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gold Guest List beginner's guide
View Single Post
Old Jun 26, 2016, 10:56 am
Oaxaca

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Another data point for GGLs getting AA Concierge Key service. Arrived at JFK T8 this week having had various delays, and a missed connection rebooked, turning a scheduled 3.5 hour connection for the TATL (on AA) into less than 40 mins. CK staff waiting for me at aircraft door and whisked me to the other gate and straight onto the aircraft.

I know T8 well enough that as it turned out I would have had enough time to make the connection by myself, but it was nice to know that they'd been tracking my tortoise-like progress across the US that day and had let the gate staff for the TATL know that they would be bringing me over. Made that last connection stress-free.

As an aside, was interesting to note at DCA that I was the only person who got "upgraded" to domestic F, ahead of all the AA pax. Now it wasn't strictly an upgrade, as it was a rebooking due to a missed connection on which I was previously ticketed in F. When they rebooked me, only Y was available on the new flight so they booked that and put me on standby for F. In practice this showed me at the top of the upgrade list at the gate, and this cleared. Didn't hear anyone else called up before boarding. I don't know if this was down to me being originally ticketed in F or in some way related to status. Will also be interested to see what TPs I get for that sector..