FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017
Old Jun 21, 2016, 7:43 pm
wco81
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
I believe it was 6/15 when I applied online for the targeted United Explorer card.

I wasn't sure if I hit the 5/24. One of my new cards in the last 24 months was a downgrade from Ink Plus to Ink Cash so if that counted, I'd be right at 5/24.

I unfroze with Experian only, though I'd seen posts indicating that Chase was pulling Experian and Equifax.

I got a letter in the mail dated 6/16 saying they needed me to lift the freeze with Equinox, so pretty quick response. I don't know why they couldn't just use email though, as that would have been quicker.

I unfroze Equifax and then I called the toll free number for Lending Services (888-270-2127, 8-20:00 M-F). I thought it was only going to be to let them know that they can pull Equifax but she put me on hold and they did the pull.

Then she came back and asked a couple of more income verification and mortgage payments questions.

Then another hold and then she says she'd be likely to approve but I'd have to move credit around so I reduced a lot of excess credit on two Chase cards and she approved.

She said 1-2 weeks, can't expedite or send the card by express services because their partner United has to go through the process of linking the accounts.

Asked about whether I'd have any problem getting the promo (I got the promo in 2012, then canceled the card, then got a targeted offer in early 2014, got the card then told I wouldn't get the promo so I canceled it then. The second cancellation may have been within the 24-month period). She didn't directly say it but implied that she wouldn't have approved the card if I wasn't going to get the promo. Instead the welcome letter should spell it out.