FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please do not lock your luggage
View Single Post
Old Feb 15, 2003, 7:05 am
Cholula
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ACES II:
My point was that our leaders certainly don't mirror the general population, they might mirror a few people. I would wager that the vast majority of people would not appear on that list of shame. </font>
My point was and is that members of congress are no better...and I maintain, no worse....than what you'd see if you picked 535 people at random from the general population.
ACES ll , you chose to publish the old, tired Hall of Shame post above that has been circulating on the Internet for years. Who knows what validity there is to any of these statistics. For sake of discussion, let's say they're all true.
Should our leaders be held to a higher standard of ethics?? Certainly but they are who they are and you can thank your fellow citizens for voting them into office year after year.
Having said that and to get back to the original " Group of Idiots " charge in your 2/13 post , who else would you suggest we write/call regarding TSA performance?
BTW, this thread has covered more territory than Lewis and Clark but it's been interesting....