FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OW Status recognition by Qatar Airways
View Single Post
Old Jun 21, 2016, 7:21 am
Flying Squirrel

Programs: BA - Silver, Club Carlson - Gold, Marriott - Platinum, Accor Platinum
OW Status recognition by Qatar Airways

I'm a BA Silver member for 7+ years living in Doha. QR’s route network is great for me, I’ve flown with QR well over 50 times and generally very satisfied.

I credit points to my BAEC account but regularly don’t get OW privileges.

I’ve been turned away from lounges and sent back and forth between different lounges in Doha.

Refused priority boarding multiple times in London and Doha. (always very embarrassing)

Refused to use priority check in. Refused to put priority bag tag.

Not got my choice of meal (where I understood Oneworld Sapphire are supposed to be asked first?)

I’ve even been bumped off to a later flight!

After a discussion once about not being allowed priority boarding it was clear that the QR don’t recognise the OW status. They claimed BA Silver was same as QR Silver

These issue are most common in Doha, the only problem I’ve ever had outside Doha was London (where they’re also QR staff) It actually seems that handling agents understand OW properly but the QR staff do not!

I appreciate that I am a regular passenger but it’s the consistency of the issue that makes it most noticeable. I notice it every other trip with QR.

I don't like to argue or make a scene, but I do enjoy the little privileges especially to save time when travelling.

Has anyone else experience the same with Qatar airways?

(Yes I do submit BA number at check-in and it’s on my ticket)

Last edited by Flying Squirrel; Jun 21, 2016 at 7:34 am Reason: typo