FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is the best of Georgia and Armenia, southern Caucasus?
Old Jun 20, 2016, 4:09 pm
SanDiego1K
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Where did you stay in Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan? I wouldn't say the hotels there we HORRIBLE. The former Sofitel property in Ashgabat was ok. In Tashkent, the Lotte was pretty bad, Samarkand the Grand Samarkand Superior wasn't terrible, in Bukhara we stayed at Sasha & Son which definitely wasn't great. In Khiva the Hotel Asia wasn't awful. I found Jipek Joly in Nukus to be surprisingly good.
I've got the link in my post above. This link goes directly to the hotel summary after the trip.

As far as the Georgia & Armenia choices, I think the Radisson Blu is the best option in Tbilisi. Avoid the Sheraton as it's far from the old town, the Marriott and Courtyard Marriott are both fine as well. I think a new Holiday Inn opened recently as well. I stayed at the Hyatt Place in Yerevan and while it's no luxury hotel, it was plenty comfortable and the location is excellent
Thank you. This is helpful. How does the Hyatt Place compare with the Marriott in Yerevan? Do you know anything about the Rooms Hotel in Tbilisi? It is rated the top hotel in town and recently joined Starwood.