FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will my 3 yr. old survive East Coast to Down Under?
Old Aug 13, 2002, 10:35 pm
obscure2k
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

--I can't offer you "fatherly advice" as I am a mother of four--. I can advise you from the perspective of one who travelled for many many years with young children. My suggestion would be to take your three-year old to Hawaii. Toddlers love Hawaii even more than Disneyworld. Australia/New Zealand is best saved for a trip alone with your spouse at a later date. Your child will, in no way, enjoy the very long flight(s) down under and, moreover, will not appreciate what you find so interesting re: scenery, culture, etc.. In Hawaii, budget, permitting, Kona Village Resort is perfect for families. Four Seasons, as well, is very child-friendly. Your three year old will love very simple pleasures; a gentle sea, a swimminng pool, parrots, turtles, shell-collecting, a luau and many hotels have some great programs for kids. The Four Seasons has a great playroom filled with games, books, arts and crafts and in Kona, you can even introduce him to snorkeling in a well-guarded, shallow area designed especially for kids. Kapalua Bay Hotel on Maui is another good choice, particularly, if you rent a Bay Villa.