FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Jun 18, 2016, 1:22 pm
miniliq

Programs: UA life gold, UA/CO life Presidents/United Club since 1965; Marriott life titanium, HH diamond
[QUOTE=Seat 2A;26787650]THE TIMELINE FOR THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IS MID-1992

3. Way up north in Canada’s Northwest Territory, three airlines vie for your patronage on the fiercely competitive route between Yellowknife (YZF) and Cambridge Bay (YCB). Two of the airlines operate mainline jet equipment while the other utilizes a turbo-prop. Identify each airline and its respective equipment.
First Air has been correctly identified as one of the airlines. However, it was not operating a 727.

Finally home from YEG/YYC with some time to research this a bit (I confess to books, OAGs, wikipedia, since no-one else has tried to answer) to try to correct my original guesses: -- my latest ones are First Air (7F) with a Hawker Siddeley 748, Canadian Airlines International (CP) (later acquired by Air Canada) with a 737 and Northwest Territorial Airlines (NV) with a 727 or 737. NV was later acquired by First Air. All rather confusing to me. You'll have to steer me in the correct path, Seat 2A.