FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Jun 15, 2016, 11:21 am
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
6. In mid-1992, passengers desiring nonstop transport between Anchorage and Honolulu were limited to this once a week, Saturday only flight. Identify the airline and aircraft involved.

From the timetable link you posted, I'll counter with Rich Int'l L-1011 (an airline I'm not sure I ever heard of previously)

Rich International did serve the ANC-HNL route with an L-1011, but not until 1996. The FAA grounded Rich for alleged maintenance irregularities in September of 1996.

40. You want to fly from Chicago to Las Vegas – but man oh man – the fares sure are expensive! But hey! Further investigation reveals that if you’re willing to depart out of Midway Airport – located on the city’s south side – there are two airlines that offer substantially cheaper fares. Identify both airlines as well as the aircraft that each airline operates.
ATA with a 727-200 is one of the airlines...

National Airlines with a 752 (obviously not the one PA purchased)

I remember National (N7). I flew one of its ex-Iberia 757s from JFK to LAS, followed by an ex-Air Europe machine from LAS to SFO. However, National didn't commence operations until May 27, 1999 - a year and a half after the time frame referenced for this question.