FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Heading to San Francisco Sept 2 - 7 (for the first time). What to check out?
Old Jun 15, 2016, 8:30 am
Troopers

Originally Posted by goat89
Interests are mostly around sports, dining out/checking out new/cool restaurants, diving into the local culture. I'm up for anything and willing to step outside my comfort zone to experience something new.
Some quick thoughts as I have to scoot soon...

As another poster mentioned, Giants are out of town. But there are daily tours of the park, and the team store is opened daily.

Other than the well documented known spots to hit/eat, I suggest:

- Spend some time at Lands End/Sutro Baths...you can spend easily 2 hours hiking/walking the trails...the trail leads to spectacular views of GGB (different angle than what you always see) followed by a meal at the Cliff House

- For dinner: try Progress (next door to State Bird) near J-Town and Contigo in Noe Valley

- For bfast/brunch: try Plow in Potrero hill

- RG Lounge in Chinatown and San Tung in Sunset are must eat "Chinese" food

- Elephant Sushi in Russian Hill (near Lombard)

- Rent a bike and pedal down Market and along the Embacadero. If you're feeling like a champ, continue along Crissy Fields, bike across GGB to Sausalito and ferry back.

- For ice cream, suggest Smitten in Hayes Valley, Bi-Rite or Mitchell's in Mission

Also, are you hear solo? Or with SO? Kids?

Last edited by Troopers; Jun 15, 2016 at 8:37 am