Old Jun 14, 16, 11:51 pm
Adam Smith

Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum, Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
CRA re-config and re-designation - details and progress

As someone who's stuck on CRAs far more than he would like, I'm interested in AC's recent announcement that not only is it adding more CRAs to the fleet (first announced last fall), it will also be re-designating the planes as CRJ-900s and re-configuring the cabin (see here).

I thought it would be useful to have a thread to discuss this as well as update progress as the changes are made to the existing fleet.

We haven't seen anything from AC on what the new layout - 12J, 20 Y+, 44Y - will look like. It seems to be the same as DL's CR9s (DL's seatmap here, SeatGuru's here).

Does anyone have any info on what AC's new layout will look like? If matching DL's, it will eliminate the current 1A being next to the front lav, which is definitely a good thing. Also, more closet space, potentially? Given the woeful lack of overhead bin capacity on that plane, and AC's refusal to do a proper gate check, that would be very welcome.

Any info on timing on the re-config? Will this be rolled out in pretty short order or will we go through a lengthy conversion process with uncertainty as to what layout you'll ultimately end up flying?

It's interesting to me to see more J seats being added when AC's recent trend has been to rip them out. It also means that the 76-seat CR9s will have only 2 fewer J seats than the 183-seat 321s.