FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JetBlue offers Free travel for Orlando tragedy
Old Jun 14, 2016, 6:11 pm
sbm12
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by DL2SXM
I have a serious issue with Jet Blue taking advantage of this terrible tragedy
As opposed to DL, WN and AA (and I'm sure other airlines, though I didn't look them all up) who all also expressed comments and views on the situation?

JetBlue has a long history of offering free flights to those in need following tragedies rather than simply offering a public statement of support. The company has moved first responders to attend funerals and other events as well (and taken heat for such moves in addition to the positive coverage). Often the true value in a feeling is taking action, not just sharing words. This is a prime example of using the resources at your disposal to help people rather than just talking about a situation.

I agree that the cost to the company is spectacularly low relative to the positive press coverage received. Sometimes doing the right thing comes with ancillary benefits. If only more people and companies were more generous more often, perhaps we'd become numb to such gifts. THat woudl be a great problem to have.

ETA: Seems at least one passenger took JetBlue up on the offer: https://www.facebook.com/amy.buchan/...00132182248045.

ETA2: AS has a similar offer on the table.

Last edited by sbm12; Jun 15, 2016 at 6:08 pm