FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Horrific United Flight Attendant - what to do
Old Jun 14, 2016, 6:02 pm
bryandshan

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K, Delta SkyMiles, Hilton Honors , Marriott Silver, Starwood Silver, Hertz Gold
Horrific United Flight Attendant - what to do

We just returned from an international flight in Business First. We had a horrible flight attendant. She scolded and yelled at us twice. The first time, we had stacked our plates on our tray and she firmly told us that we were making her job harder and to stop messing with her. Ok, just trying to help but fine.

Next, she takes our drink order then promptly forgets it. We get no drinks through our entire dinner service. 45 minutes later we ask if we could have our drinks ( we did not ring the call button just caught her eye) We waited until she was done serving ( there were 4 FA's at least in the cabin). She came back and told us to stop bothering her and that every time she comes over we ask for something and she's tired of it. She had raised her voice and the other passengers were staring at us. It was embarrassing as we had not asked for anything other than the drinks we ordered that she had forgotten. She then came back and plunked down the drinks. I later asked another FA what the mean ones name was to complain.

My question is, should I have addressed it with the Purser? We had a tight connection so I would not have had time to deal with the Purser or the FA after landing and make our connection ( thanks EWR). The woman was so strange I did not want to end up in some odd situation or confrontation while flying. We kept our mouths shut, never asked for anything else and I wrote an email to UA To which I got the general we're sorry response. I can't imagine this is the first time this woman has acted this way.