FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019
Old Jun 13, 2016, 8:58 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by ddutil
I'm just trying to get a sense of how bad my situation is compared to the average stranding. I'm Platinum, on a paid FRA-DFW-BHM. D fare transatlantic with First on the domestic segment, used miles to upgrade to old first because the old business looked a little sketchy to me.

I had a 90 minute delay or so but arrived in DFW with plenty of time to connect. There are 4 nonstops per day from DFW-BHM plus, being a hub, you could go through MIA, CLT, whatever. I could fly to ATL and rent a car. Nothing is working. I arrived at 2 PM Sunday and I'm still here, earliest possible flight out is Tuesday at 10:30 AM. I've been moved to flights which then had rolling delays, multiple cancellations, gate changed 10 times in 2 hours, you name it. Currently booked in coach on the second flight out Tuesday. For reasons that should be obvious, I'm starting to think this a bad deal. I'm out $800 for two nights at the tired Hyatts (one night at each).

I guess my question is, if this is how Platinum customers on a paid first class ticket get treated, what do they do to the rest of the world?
Yes, in Texas they hold the worst weather for Platinum customers who upgrade to First from Business. Nt to mention everyone ese, from CK to plain white card. And as the USA has no consumer protection (such as the much maligned EU), we're all pretty much stuck. I'm headed into it tomorrow, as it seems.

Or, you could join the hordes spending the night on cots and use the Admirals Clubs for showers.

Seriously, I get your angst, but thousands are affected by the horrendous weather. In particular, lightning freezes everything, because more than one ramper has been killed by lightning. (My friends in the area have been trying to cope with floods.)

There's not much you can do; DFW has been a horrid weather mess.