FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Orange shirts in PHL are out of control
View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2016, 1:39 pm
asnovici

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Orange shirts in PHL are out of control

Today was the second time I had a distinct unpleasantness of encountering an extremely rude and aggressive employee of McGuin contract company that American hires to police the entrance to the security lines.

This time a group of them were standing downstairs by the escalator going up to the security line at concourse B. This is where PreCheck is usually open in PHL. An female with thuggish behavior stopped me and asked to measure my bag, which fit effortlessly into the sizer. She then proceeded to tell me I can't go upstairs because it doesn't fit. I replied by pointing out she just placed it in the sizer herself and it fit fine. She repeated I can't go upstairs and need to check it.

I realized that individual is not going to make any sense and proceeded to concourse C where the orange shirt colleagues of hers were harassing other random travelers.i got through with no issues there but didn't have PreCheck as it wasn't staffed.

This experience is exactly what had there a month ago, except now these thugs moved downstairs and not allowing passengers to use the escalator which I believe is also illegal since the airport is a public property and the usage of escalators there is not exclusively for security lines, I could take it to go to the train or parking facility without having to cross the street.

I tweeted about this nonsense to American before and nothing changed. Today I tweted to them again and raised it with the station manager for AA at the lounge who promised to bring it up to McGuin manager. I doubt anything would change, but besides being a total waste of money for American it actually alienates customers and makes for a stressful and unpleasant experience due to the antics employed by these aggressively rude contractors.