FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Partner flight discontinued / canceled route on UA award ticket, what are my options?
Old Jun 13, 2016, 12:57 pm
Flamenguista

Partner flight discontinued / canceled route on UA award ticket, what are my options?

So I have an award booking that included a stopover in Beijing (PEK) and onward flight to Siem Reap. It was a non-stop and I essentially built my itinerary off it, hotels and stuff booked. I check my itinerary today by chance, and this leg was missing. I called United and they said Air China discontinued this route, though United gave me no notification of any flight changes. It turns out they can no longer get me to Siem Reap on their partner airlines. The only option they gave me on the phone was to get me closer to Siem Reap, and then I'd have to find my way there on a different flight.

I also paid a change fee of $200 (2 tickets) to add this Siem Reap leg over a month ago.

Do I have any options to try to get anything out of United this unfortunate event? At least my change fees back? Or do I have to just bite the bullet and either pay for expensive flights to Siem Reap or start canceling all of my hotel reservations to book at different dates? Thanks in advance.