FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air France lounges and contract lounges master thread
Old Jun 12, 2016, 1:07 pm
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Canton / Guangzhou (CAN) China Southern Premium Class lounge

Name of the lounge : CAN - China Southern Premium Class lounge

This lounge is divided in 2 distinct parts. If you fly CZ metal, you go left at the lounge check-in desk. If you fly AF metal, you turn right. Having been to both parts, the « left part » (flying CZ metal) is much better, even if the « right » part is very acceptable, especially knowing how poor lounges are usually in mainland China. For lounges (and other reasons), I would choose CAN any time for connecting in China compared to PVG.

Location : immediately on the right when you have passed the international transit check-point

Opening Hours

Entry requirements : usual Skyteam requirements

Food offer : large (and good) choice on the « left side », nothing fantastic on the « right side ». Warm and cold options available on both sub-lounges but more choice (and better) on CZ side. See pictures below.

Drinks offer : soft drinks, wines (not goos), water, etc

Services
Wifi: yes but works not well.
Showers: yes
Toilets: yes
Quiet zone: not sure
Loungers/sleep area: yes, on CZ side
Business area: area with computers
Spa: no
TV area: yes
Passengers are called: no
Information screen: yes
Newspapers: yes (Chinese only of course…)

Other information
Number of seats: always hard to say, but I’d say about 150 on CZ side and 80 on the « right side »
Level of noise: medium
Design: modern, nice in both lounges but still nicer on CZ side in my opinion. See pictures below.
View: yes
Multi floors: no
Terrace: no
Smoking area: unknown
Direct boarding: no

Pictures of the « left (CZ) side »

Pictures of the « right (partners) side »