FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mandarin Oriental Marrakech
View Single Post
Old Jun 12, 2016, 4:35 am
MacMyDay

Originally Posted by scented
Were you bothered by the frogs at night? 50 is close to the central irrigation feature and quite lively after sunset.
Amazingly no. Were you? I do not know how they have managed it, but within your villa it is very quiet, yet just opening the main villa doors and walking ~15m onto the walkway, it sounds like you've walked onto a low budget horror film set. I was not sure whether it was better or worse that this only took place at night. On one hand I could not see anything, so ignorance is bliss; on the other hand I could not see anything, so my imagination started wondering what the hell was in the bushes.

The spa design is phenomenal, as is their gym. Unfortunately they would not let me take any photos of any treatment rooms - quite strange, seeing that they were ok with me walking around the hotel with a tripod to take pictures.

As for Hakkasan, they did mention the opening of this. I love Hakkasan in London and go rather frequently, but I've always found their implementations abroad to be poor, just like Zuma. I may have considered it if it were open and we were here a bit longer.

Originally Posted by offerendum
I must say, from your review I like the MO. Saw the price and must say: What a bargain!
Every year I take my dad on at least one holiday with us. In '14 it was to Amanzoe. It cost over 3x (nearly 4x) what this has cost, so bargain is a very fair word. From London, MO Marrakech is actually a lot easier to get to as well, due to the short distance from the airport to the resort. Whilst it certainly is not to the same standard of Amanzoe, it has to be appreciated for what it is and it offers fantastic value. I would definitely return.