FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Polaris - New Business Class seats & inflight service {Archive}
Old Jun 10, 2016, 6:56 pm
Ugleeual

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum Plus
Originally Posted by UASleeper
Interesting points. I find it hard to believe that after "12,000 hours of research" and -granted only limited- secret customer feedback UA needs additional customer feedback once Polaris is rolled out on the first three 773 before it finalizes plans and decides to continue with the roll out the new seat. Especially if they haven't figured out yet how to fit The seats into the 787-8/9 ( but then again they seem to have solved that problem with the 787-10). I haven't the conversion plan in this light until now. If tit's rue, it would mean a hastily prepared and maybe not so thought through rush into the seat conversion despite three years of planning. Or at least utter insecurity about how the Polaris product will be received by its customers. If that's the case, the mostly positive feedback on what's available on paper should give UA it's much needed self esteem.

Do you have a link to the sketches for the 787 LOPA?
from what I've read ALL the international aircraft will be reconfigured... but the first aircraft to receive the new seats are the new 777-300 and A350-1000s... but the 777-200s and the remaining 767-300/400s will also get them...