FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Jun 10, 2016, 3:51 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by miniliq
3. (1992) Way up north in Canada’s Northwest Territory, three airlines vie for your patronage on the fiercely competitive route between Yellowknife (YZF) and Cambridge Bay (YCB). Two of the airlines operate mainline jet equipment while the other utilizes a turbo-prop. Identify each airline and its respective equipment.

I'll try these:
1. Canadian North (5T) with a 737
2. First Air (7F) with a 727
3. Buffalo Airways (J4) with a Dash 8

Coincidentally, Buffalo Airways has supplied some of the water bombers used in the firefighting efforts at Fort McMurray, an activity that is prominent in the local news in YEG where we've spent the past 2 weeks.

Welcome home, mini! Here's hoping you had a cool time in Alberta compared to the heat and humidity of south Louisiana. Here in Las Vegas the mercury has risen to 104°F. I look forward to landing in Fairbanks later this evening where despite the fact that the sun will still be high in the sky at our scheduled arrival time of 10:23pm, the temperature should be in the 60s.

As to your picks, only First Air is correct - though the aircraft is not. I believe Canadian North h8as flown this route (and may still) but not per the 1992 schedule I reference. Care to have another go at this?