FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No "skip the counter" at TLV?
View Single Post
Old Jun 10, 2016, 9:47 am
cestmoi123

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by Ditto
I have booked a car rental from Hertz in TLV, I used them in the past and have almost no complaints.
When booking this time (I use hertz.com/hertz.nl) I noticed that the voucher I got was missing the "Loss Damage Waiver" that is normally there, so I wanted to figure out whether the rate I booked included all mandatory insurance for the rental so that I will not be surprised when arriving, if it does not include all mandatory insurance I could then figure out what the cost is and consider renting from other agencies.

So I called the number on the voucher, and opted to talk to customer service, the conversation went as follows:
- Hello, this is Ditto speaking, I have made a reservation with you and wanted to ask some questions
* What is the reservation number?
- G12345678
* I'm sorry sir, I can't find this reservation
- I made the reservation online via hertz.com
* OK I can see it now
- Good, I wanted to ask if it includes all mandatory insurance
* Let me check ... I'm sorry sir I cannot see that, you have to call hertz.com
- But I'm renting from you
* But we are not hertz, we are a contractor, you have to check with hertz.com
- Yes, but I will be renting from your branch in TLV airport
* Ahh, you will be renting the car in Israel? OK let me check again...
30 seconds later... I'm sorry sir I can't see those details, you need to call hertz.com
- So if you can't see those details how can your agent at the TLV desk see them?
* I'm sorry sir, you have to call hertz.com

So I googled to see the direct number of the TLV branch, it was the same one I had, so I called again and this time listened through the menu and asked to be connected to the branch.
- Hello, this is Ditto speaking, I have made a reservation with you and wanted to ask some questions
* What is the reservation number?
- G12345678
* Yes I can see your reservation, what would you like to know?
- Does it include all mandatory insurance?
* Yes, it covers the basic insurance, the excess is... if you want to remove the excess you need to pay ....
@:-)
Wait, you get a voucher when booking on hertz.com? I've never gotten one of those...