FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)
Old Jun 9, 2016, 7:59 pm
SQ50

Programs: Krisflyer
Fukuoka Treasure Hunt!

Folks,

Just back from Fukuoka and happy to report I have the most fruitful trip ever from a whiskey hunting perspective.

I visited Daimaru and Mitshikoshi liquor section and nothing is available for aged bottles. I cant remember if they have NAS but i did not bothered to note it down.

Off I went to BIC Camera but I went to the wrong one and it does not have liquor section so I went to the one that is underneath the subway tracks.

Firstly I went to the open shelves and I saw a range of Yamazaki, Hibiki and Hakashu including 12 years series. That is nice!

Then I turn over to my side and noticed a locked glass cabinet and my jaw nearly dropped there and then.

In that glass cabinet, there is the hibiki 17 (Y11800), yamazaki limited 2016 (Y9980) (non-sherry version) and the yamazaki 18 (Y24800) !!

Without hesitation and fearing more buyers coming, i signal to the store clerk to take them all out and will pay in a jiffy LOL

Guess what ? I got them all at tax free prices!!!!!

This is pure 100% luck and I guess the yamazaki 18 was probably only sitting there for 1-2 hrs at most.

Then I went to Don Quijote and they have half a dozen of Yama 12 and Hibiki 17 on their shelves too.

Pics below

Don Quijote shelf

BIC Camera

Good Luck!