FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Points Guy: We never accept free flights [merged TPG discussions]
Old Jun 9, 2016, 5:28 pm
Troopers

Beiber, Beyonce??? Where's the top companies purchasing farm likes?

I'm backing my statements up with actual data. The numbers I pulled are from the waybackmachine.com
I didn't question his past like counts that you posted.

You're just making fanboy statements. I bet this I bet that... wanting other people to prove your point. You bet at least half of TPG.com traffic comes from Facebook? Prove it!
Can't, just like you're unable to prove that he purchased farmed likes.

Where/how do you think people land on TPG.com for an app? YouTube, T&L, Twitter, mainstream media? Facebook has the largest reach. Farm FB likes has NO reach.

Is this not your quote below here you concede that maybe his likes are fake?
I stated (emphasis added):

"You may be right, I don't know when TPG got the 1M likes.."

in response to:

"Who said when TPG got the 1 million likes? I have a hunch that if you track them there would be a large spike shortly after he sold out to Bankrate." said by another poster.

And when I stated: "I am NOT assuming he is the leader because he has 1M likes. Maybe his likes are fake and FB reduces the likes by 99% or simply ignore all his FB likes, is he still not the leader? I can go buy 2M likes without a single blog post...am I now the P&M leader now?" was simply rhetoric about another poster's claim that greatest number of FB equates to the leader.

So how do I flip flop?

If your opinion is that it would be ridiculous for someone like TPG to buy likes... I completely agree. If your opinion that the idea that TPG buying likes for Facebook is rediculous... I disagree.
No worries, we disagree.

If he is willing to buy adverts for his YouTube videos in order to make him look like a successful TV host and not provide any links on his videos where he can monetize them... then I don't think it's ridiculous that he's buy likes on Facebook.
Again, we can disagree here. He monetizes YT videos by emotion...people watch, want that lifestyle, making their way to TPG.com and then an app. By design, that video viewed by someone led to an app...job done.

I don't think people behave the same with an (artificial) inflated FB likes.

If you have larger numbers on social media could you not then charge more to make a sponsored post for a company?? Here's another thought... JetBlue paid TPG to promote their company via his YouTube Channel. The only way he can get people to watch his videos on YouTube is through paid adverts on Youtube. So he is technically paying someone to promote his channel so he has enough viewers to promote a product so he can get paid (yes this hurts my head as well).

Isn't TV advertising based upon sweeps week where networks try to get as many people to view their shows in order to get the most money for ad slots? Could this not be the case for TPG social media outlets? The more traffic to his website and the more successful his social media outlets are the more he can charge to promote or endorse a product?

I completely agree. Paid advertising on all social outlets is good....more traffic/views is desirable.

Farmed likes do not draw more viewers...they're fake, remember?. I suppose you can take the position that a FB page with 1M (fake) likes generates more traffic than say a FB page 100k organic likes but I think that's a stretch.

If you are going to make your argument base it on something and not your emotion. The fact that you've already flip flopped tells me your argument has little to no value here.
No sir or ma'am, no emotion here. I'm starting to think you don't the know the difference btw a fake like and a real like.

Last edited by Troopers; Jun 9, 2016 at 5:47 pm