View Single Post
Old Jun 9, 16, 12:35 pm
Seat 2A

Programs: Alaska Airlines Million Miler, United Airlines Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond Level
Originally Posted by moondog View Post
6. In mid-1992, passengers desiring nonstop transport between Anchorage and Honolulu were limited to this once a week, Saturday only flight. Identify the airline and aircraft involved.

Since Hawaiian has been eliminated, I'm going with AS. (I fear this is too obvious though, given that we've now entered obscure airline territory, but I still want to put it on the table.)

No harm in that, moondog. However, in mid-1992 Alaska was still many years away from inaugurating its first flights to Hawaii. For what it's worth, the airline we're looking for would hardly be called "obscure"...

12. If you want to fly aboard a 737-400 out of Albuquerque in mid-1992, there’s only a single flight departing each day. Identify the airline and the destination airport.

I'm uncertain as to exactly when US debubbed PIT, but if it was after 1992, PIT is my guess. My remaining guesses, in order of correctness likelihood , are CLT, LAX, PHL, and BWI.

We know that the ultimate destination of this flight was Charlotte. This applied to the inbound service as well. What we're looking for then is the enroute stop, which was not all that far from Albuquerque. Please - guess again!

Last edited by Seat 2A; Jun 9, 16 at 12:42 pm