FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Aircraft Technical, Mechanical etc. "ask" "how it works" (master thread)
Old Jun 9, 2016, 9:42 am
mike814

AA Aircraft Technical, Mechanical etc. "ask" "how it works" (master thread)

Took AA 1227 on Sunday, flight was delayed due to missing crew, etc. Once we finally boarded, the captain came on to announce that the Auxiliary Power Unit was not functioning and therefore there would be no ground Air Conditioning (it was about 90 degrees in the cabin approx) and that the plane engines would need to be jump started (sounds scary).

Anyway, e-mailed AA service and got a canned response that still had brackets in it, not even remotely addressing my concerns.

Finally, today, after a back and forth email, I got a call from the rep I have been e-mailing basically saying that I'm entitled to my opinion but that no compensation is "due". To me, this is the problem with AA, it's all about what is "due" and there is no goodwill to customers.

I assume that I am not a super highly valued customer, but I will probably hit Platinum this year and have been Gold for past two years and fly more often than not on paid domestic F.

Looking for feedback on how to handle this, if it should be escalated (primarily just due to the awful customer support), etc? Or, for the more frequent travelers out there, is this just way too petty?

I am MIA based, so not like I can switch easily.

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 27, 2016 at 4:00 pm Reason: Restore original post title