FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard
Old Jun 9, 2016, 1:50 am
huge

Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by rhwbullhead
You and the previous poster must have happened to submit during a slow week. I submitted on May 26 and was given an estimate of June 17th. I'm hoping I'll get lucky and get it before then but it looks like I'll be gambling on an upgrade by booking a trip next week with checkout on the 17th. I'm hoping that at the latest, Diamond status pops up on June 17th and I'm also hoping if that's the case, I'll be able to get the previous days resort fees comped when I check out.

Obviously, if it happens to post sooner (two weeks will be in a few days) or even just 2-3 days before, I'll get awesome value as I definitely won't have to pay resort fees, and I can use the Diamond lounge and get the free show tickets.

The only reason I'm probably going to book without the upgrade posting is that I have someone to split the room with so the $15 per person loss be night is somewhat palatable.
I bet they'll get it done sooner than their estimate, and if you're checking out that date my guess is that you'll be able to get the resort fees waived, at least for the number of days you've been Diamond.