FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]
Old Jun 8, 2016, 9:15 am
ucdtim17

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
I assume you are going to want to apply again in the future. So if you keep the "useless" card ( I agree about that BTW) it will only make it less likely you will get approved then. Especially since one of their complaints was amount of CL already extended. Keeping the Plat open just makes that worse.

I'd think the thing to do is cancel the Plat, lower the CL on the existing AS Sig card to $3K, and start spending on it every month. I don't have solid data points, but it seems since I've started regular spending on my open AS cards I've gone from Plat approvals to Sig approvals. My guess is that if you lower your total CL with B/A to $3K, and spend @$1K a month on the open AS card for 3 or 4 months, that will make a world of difference next time.
I have pretty regular spend on AS flights on the AS card, so I don't think I really want to go lower than $5k on that for now. The only thing I can think of is maybe there's a longer delay in reporting the previous $17k to $5k CL reduction than I was anticipating? I think it was at least a month or two ago I requested that. Anyways, canceling Plat card today and I'll sit tight for a while - thanks