FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - high end cruise lines
View Single Post
Old Jun 8, 2016, 8:38 am
Randyk47

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
It's about shoes for my husband. He doesn't mind dressing up and in fact - says if he's going to bring the shoes, he wants to use them every night. He's pretty much into an all or nothing dress code at this phase - he's wearing the black shiny shoes & dark suit or tux, or he's wearing Tommy Bahama boat shoes and khakis with a buttoned shirt. We'll see what happens in the future....

As light packers - it can be difficult to mix those 2 dress codes....
Certainly one of the advantages is that I don't have to carry a pair of patent leather dress shoes for my tux that I can only wear two or three nights a cruise. I can bring a pair of regular black dress shoes and wear them throughout the cruise. As for light packing that's an oxymoron in our house. We look more like we're moving than going on vacation. Thank goodness we have advanced frequent flyer status and get free luggage allowances. ^

Might add that my issue with Crystal, if you can call it an issue, is that they've turned basically what was a premium line into kind of a luxury line. Their ships, at least the two main ones, are way too big for my taste and real definition of luxury. Like with almost any line you've got the diehard Crystal fans who would probably strongly disagree but we like smaller ships. Doesn't help that with just really a couple of ships their itineraries are somewhat limited and we haven't seen an itinerary that goes where we'd like to go when we like to go.

Last edited by Randyk47; Jun 8, 2016 at 8:51 am