FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]
Old Jun 8, 2016, 7:19 am
osugrad2x

Originally Posted by sdsearch
That wouldn't be due to a Chase 5/24, that would be like Citi for the past decade or longer!

In other words, Citi has long had a limit of about 6 inquiries in the past 6 months. Some people are allowed 7, maybe 8, but other people only 6.

If you do the math, 6 in 6 months is the same "rate" as 12 in 12 months, so I don't see why it would be considered something radically new and only possible to be inspired by Chase's 5/24.

Lots of banks have limits on inquiries, it's just that the actual limits are not as well documented at other banks as at Citi, perhaps because Citi only goes back 6 months and because in the past Citi had several cards you could churn even more quickly than BofA AS can be churned now, and that alone could get you to about 6 inquiries in 6 months if you did those at that max rate (8/65).

Because I've been applying for Citi cards forever, I've tried to stay within 6 in 6 forever, and thus I'm naturally under 12 in 12 too. (That still doesn't get me anywhere near 5/24, unfortunately.)
Yeah that makes sense, I also tried to do 1 per month but the Chase Hyatt card going 5/24 forced my hand. Oh well...