FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - high end cruise lines
View Single Post
Old Jun 8, 2016, 5:59 am
Randyk47

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
Yes - Crystal is one that has formal nights and set dining. I want country club casual (all nights) and set dining - that's the combo I can't find ;-) We've done formal nights, don't care to anymore (I suppose I could make an exception if we choose Queen's Grill on Cunard some time ;-) but husband doesn't want to forego the main dining room just because he's not wearing the tux.....
We don't mind and actually like "formal" nights but did give up the tux and evening gowns three years ago. Got to the point where my tux needed to be replaced and we decided I'd go with a dark, actually black, suit instead of a new tux. At the same time Mrs. K noticed fewer and fewer women were wearing full blown evening gowns but were still dressing elegantly so she gave up the big bulky gowns. We've since been on four Silversea cruises where they still have formal nights and not felt the least bit out of place. Of course Silversea also has very acceptable alternate dining venues where formal wear on formal nights is not required so there are options besides hiding in your cabin.