FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi retention offer reports (All cards) [2016-2017]
Old Jun 7, 2016, 8:47 pm
klepton

Called tonight about my Prestige card. Called the number on the card and got through to a rep, I said something to the effect of:

"I just saw the annual fee hit and it's pretty high, I wondered if there was anything that could offset some of the fee, and I'll probably cancel the card if not"

The rep said he couldn't do anything for me, but asked if I wanted to speak to someone in retentions. I said yes, and he transferred me. I gave the same line to that rep and was given these offers:

$200 credit after $4k spend each month for three months
4 extra points for 6 months on airfare, hotel, and travel agents (I asked if cruise lines counted, he said no)
1 extra point for all spend for 6 months

I took the last offer, and this will now be my everyday card for the next 6 months. Not enough travel spend in next 6 months to justify the second offer, as all my travel is on points/miles. But I will have some large unbonused purchases coming up that the 2x will be good for. I wish I would have gotten this two months ago before paying my tax bill, but it is what it is.