FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Jun 6, 2016, 1:24 pm
teddybear99

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Originally Posted by Seat 2A

31. Per the North American OAG referenced for this question, there are four foreign airlines serving Miami with 727-100 equipment. Interestingly, only two routes are involved, i.e. two airlines per each route. Given the regions covered by this OAG, identify the four airlines and – if you like – you may also have a go at the relevant routes.
Hanair and Haiti Trans Air operating MIA-PAP answers half the question.

Ok I am going with a wild guess with obscure airlines flying the MIA-CUN route ~ TAESA using MIA as a stop-over between CUN and San Juan and Aerolineas Argentinas, using CUN as a stopover before heading south

Not so wild, Teddy. Pretty accurate, actually. Cancun - Miami is the correct route, as is TAESA. However, Aerolineas Argentinas and its ancient 727-23 is incorrect. So, we need just one more 727-100 operator on the CUN-MIA route.

BTW, so far as I can tell, the TAESA flight terminated in Miami. As a foreign carrier, I don't believe TAESA would have any traffic rights on the MIA-SJU route.
I am going to guess Mexicana, but I believe they flew this route with a B727-200, not a -100