FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bye Bye pro-rated Annual Fee refunds (USA), September 2016, exceptions reported.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 7:34 am
jsk1973
Suspended

Originally Posted by TMM1982
I've been doing this for quite some time now, including the points fiasco where AMEX really dropped the ball, and I'm still churning away without a blacklist. Everytime I call they thank me for my loyalty. Just the other day, I was approved for 2 Delta cards with another one pending. AFAICT, this blacklisting thing is a bit of a myth (as it relates to the activities I'm engaged in).
Again, I never said Amex is blacklisting. I said there's a risk of being blacklisted, as Citi and Chase are already doing. It's not like Amex is going to announce such action in advance. People will just suddenly start finding themselves shut down.

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Agree. Plus this completely ignores the fact that for many of us, we decide that some of these cards are worth keeping in spite of the annual fee. For me the Platinum card at a net AF of $250 (minus whatever I'm able to get as a retention bonus) is a workable value for the benefits it offers, which for me is mainly lounge access, especially once the IAH Centurion Lounge opens.
Right. I understand some of these "strategies" from the $20,000-per-year Reddit crowd. I don't understand it all among people who claim to make good money and who like to travel. There's no way I'd gamble my Citi Prestige and/or Citi Platinum for a one-time $1,000 score.