FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Jun 5, 2016, 12:12 am
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by teddybear99
27. If you want to fly upon a jet between Miami and Jacksonville, only one airline will fit the bill with four daily or almost daily flights. Identify the airline and the aircraft utilized.

Air South with a B737-200

Correct! And 1996 is the year I logged my first and only flight aboard Air South between Tampa and Miami for $19.00 one way.

31. Per the North American OAG referenced for this question, there are four foreign airlines serving Miami with 727-100 equipment. Interestingly, only two routes are involved, i.e. two airlines per each route. Given the regions covered by this OAG, identify the four airlines and – if you like – you may also have a go at the relevant routes.

Aero Costa Rica and Aerolineas Argentinas- MIA-SJO, Hanair and Haiti Trans Air -MIA-PAP

The North American OAG does not include Central America, so MIA-SJO flights cannot be included in this answer.

Hanair and Haiti Trans Air operating MIA-PAP is indeed correct however. ^

36. Bloomington, Illinois was served by a total of two jet flights – one each operated by a unique airline. One flight went west, the other southeast. Identify each route as well as the airline and aircraft that served each route.

Frontier-West to Denver via Omaha; Air Tran-Southeast to Orlando; both airlines used 737-200's

Correct!