FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Jun 4, 2016, 10:13 pm
jrl767
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by moondog
47a: Apart from Boston, where could you make a single connection between HYA and TPA? (3 correct answers)
hmmmmmmm ... the three NYC airports would seem to be the obvious answer, although I have learned on several occasions in this thread that "obvious" is often wrong

you don't specify whether "single connection" is on-line or interline; if on-line, I suspect that EWR (CO) and JFK (DL) are on the list, but I can't think of any other airline that might have operated to both HYA and TPA ... therefore, other than LGA, what other cities in New England might have had nonstops to both, but via different airlines? Hartford and Providence are the only ones that come to my mind

Originally Posted by moondog
... I loved the 402 flights the most because I got to ride in the co-pilot seat, and the captain let take the controls between 5 minutes after takeoff and 5 minutes before landing ...
"stick time" is great ... I have about 45 min in the #4 767 when I was Test Director (40-some flights in early 1982), and a total of about an hour in USAF transports (C-12 and C-141) when I was riding as a space-available passenger during my Reserve days

Last edited by jrl767; Jun 4, 2016 at 10:19 pm