FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UAL's Captain Denny Flanagan (In-Flight Experiences, Sightings, Schedule, etc.)
Old Jun 1, 2016, 1:26 am
wtigerFF

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, DL PM/1MM, Marriott Amb/LT Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by Pat89339
Denny has paid me me a thousand times over with kindness, respect, and friendship. With that type of salary, I am truly blessed. I never felt used or put upon. We forged a great friendship over the years. I will miss all those phone calls. He had a sixth sense when I was in a TSA line, boarding a flight, or waiting for a hotel shuttle my phone would ring and it would be Denny. It seems his calls during the day were timed perfectly during a quiet moment between meetings or conference calls. It all just worked.

I wish someone had recorded the speech he made at the dinner. Among other things, he said he had two women in his life, his wife Terri and me. It's a wonder that I made it through that without tearing up.

I especially want to thank FlyerBeek for his outstanding help with the dinner in Seattle. I couldn't have done it without him. If I ever make it back to Seattle I am going to the Steelhead Diner and having the Grilled Columbia River Salmon again.

I hope that many of the photos taken this weekend eventually appear here or links are posted. There were many smartphones and a few real cameras at all of the events.

If you participated in any of the events this weekend, my sincere thanks to you. Denny was truly honored. The Dahl Fund will be receiving a donation in his honor from me and I hope that if any of your lives have been touched by Captain Denny, you will at least think about doing the same.
I too hope that photos will be posted. Most of the ones I took are not great.

I do, however, have the recording that you seek. I don't have the very beginning, but what I do have starts right before the part about the 2 women in his life. You may not want to watch it if you are prone to motion sickness, but the sound is fine . I'll look into the best way to get a copy of it to you. It's huge because of the video.

Until recently, I had very little control over my travel schedule, so I too had been living vicariously through FlyerTalk but was honored to be able to fly with him, his beautiful family, and the FTers for his final 2 segments as well as attend the dinner in Seattle. What an amazing experience! I'm a bit bummed that it's over and I have to go back to work in the morning...

Thanks for reminding me about the Dahl Fund. I would be happy to make a donation.