FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EU 261/2004 Compensation with AirBerlin
View Single Post
Old May 31, 2016, 7:57 am
B0gdan

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
Hey guys,

Been reading this thread since I had a flight (AB8680 DUS-BLQ) cancelled by AirBerlin two weeks ago. This was done just when the boarding was about to start and no reason was given to us. I had to wait 3 hours in line to get accommodation and another flight (AB8882 DUS-FLR) the morning after. I submitted by expenses and two weeks later got a message back saying:

Dear...,

Thank you for your correspondence dated 23.05.2016.

According to your comments we have annoyed you by not providing the expected or usual service. We understand that you are disappointed and kindly ask you to accept our sincere apologies on behalf of airberlin.

We know that you were looking forward to your flights as well as your journey and that you expect smooth procedure from booking to service on board.

Unpredictable events during airline operations are very annoying for us as well since such occurences require a complex adjustment of our flight rotation.

According to our flight documentation the flight could not be operated as scheduled due to exceptional circumstances.

We kindly ask for your understanding that we are not liable for possible consequential costs in such cases.

We, of course, understand the inconvenience you faced whilst waiting at the airport for which we wish to apologize. With this correspondence, we would like to grant you a travel voucher amounting to 53 EUR for your next flight on airberlin & NIKI.

The voucher may be redeemed until 31.05.2018 on all airberlin and NIKI operated flights.
I had expenses for taxis and meals due to the cancellation and they're offering me just a voucher for the money I spent and nothing for delaying my travel by 12h. That doesn't seem reasonable. Any thoughts on how to proceed?