FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airport info MELBOURNE (MEL) - amenities, transfers, transport
Old May 29, 2016, 5:14 pm
number_6
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by Goopy14
Looking to this itin: Wednesday July 13th Depart Bali and arrive in Melbourne at 8:20am and depart Melbourne at 9:25am to USA. Would this transfer time be sufficient? I'm thinking we would be able to stay in T2 without having to clear customs again and without having to worry about baggage since we would only do carry-on. Would appreciate any thoughts on if this is possible? Thanks!
You dont say which airlines (which matters a lot), but Melbourne int-int transfers are very efficient however this is below the MCT for most airlines so you are likely on separate tickets. You would need to do check-in prior to leaving Bali otherwise you don't make the check-in cutoff time, and are vulnerable for denied boarding without compensation even if arrival from Bali is on time. Any delay and you definitely miss the flight. Too high risk for me, and I've done many 10 minute connections (but on single tickets).