FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - It's possible to spend avios for five people after all...
Old May 27, 2016, 6:30 pm
justhere

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by SimonsMiles
[*]Flight to Orlando with 200 mile road trip to terminal, stopping for the night somewhere interesting on the way.[/LIST]
Aren't avios great?
Not sure what time your flight gets into Orlando but the 200 mile road trip is not a big deal that you would need to "stop for the night". Presumably you have to spend the night somewhere as your cruise is the following day so why not just stay somewhere close to Ft. Lauderdale? Just personal preference but I like waking up the morning of my cruise close enough to ensure there aren't any last minute snafus such as oversleeping or an accident on the main highway to get me to the city where the cruise port is.

You can do the drive from Orlando either on the Turnpike or avoid the tolls and use I-95. The M25 they are not so it won't take you 2 hours to go 10 miles.

Plenty of great places to stay close to or in FLL right on the beach. Get up, enjoy breakfast, maybe spend a couple of hours on the beach, etc.

On the other hand, if you do have the time, my vote would be to go see the Kennedy Space Center.