FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Comfort for flights on/after May 16, 2016
Old May 27, 2016, 4:16 pm
DiamondInTheRough

Originally Posted by DiamondInTheRough
Unbelievable!!!!!! I am sitting at the gate. All day long I was 1 out of 1 for C+ seat with 12 or 11 C+ available. However, as soon as GAs started working the flight, they assigned all C+ seats to passengers with no seat assignments (i.e. no status passengers who did not pay for the seats).

When I asked why I was not upgraded, I was told it is because they had to use the seats for other people.

Should I complain to Delta CS?

I am steaming a little bit inside, I did not cause a scene though. I just said OK, and left.
I now think that this GA really needs some serious training. As it turns out our flight was oversold by 2 people, so my husband and my son volunteered to take a later flight. As a result our PNRs got split. I have access to my son's and my husband's accounts (I manage their travel, they are clueless). I looked into their accounts after I landed and lo and behold, their return leg got cancelled because they were marked as no-shows on the original flight. I had to call CS and ask them to reinstate their flights. Of course they lost their original seats, but a nice CS rep still put them in the preferred seats using my status.

So I think this GA has no idea what she is supposed to do, whether it is processing upgrades or handling VDB.

Also, I ended up sitting in the row after C+. Passenger in front of me who was "upgraded" into C+ seat (I know because it was one of the empty seats prior to GA assigning them) did not even know that the alcoholic drinks were free. He tried to purchase alcohol. These 11 people who ended up in C+ seats probably did not know or even appreciated the benefits of C+.