FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Codeshare flight cancelled - need advice
View Single Post
Old May 26, 2016, 6:39 pm
skippythelizard

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (current GGL), HH Diamond
Thanks for the reply. I usually wait out the changes as well. But this time one of the changes triggered a misconnect, and a BA TATL dropped from my reservation. By the time I got the notification, someone else moved into row 62.

Not that specific seating is that big of a deal...but traveling with family is different from my usual solo trips. So I started watching more closely for changes.

Good to know from your experience that the fares department will actually call, so I'll wait for them...just afraid that my MIA-LHR will disappear and I lose the mini-cabin seats. Especially as BA is probably busy with reroutings because of the French strike disruption, and the bank holiday weekend.

I mentioned trying a OW liaison to the agent today, but they said it looked like more of a BA fare bucket issue. So I guess talking to the fare department is the next step, and suggest liaison if they get stuck.

My backup plan is CHS-DFW-LHR...out of the way, but good timing for sleep enroute and connection to EDI on a separate ticket. Also considering asking for reroute to direct ATL-LHR, but flight is J9 C4 D2 R1...I assume they would rebook me into lowest available bucket, in this case C , as there are 4 of us.