FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA Pre-Check / PreCheck Known Traveler program for AA FFs (2016 onwards)
Old May 26, 2016, 4:44 pm
pa3lsvt

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
Combining two posts into one, as both are different topics.

Originally Posted by Panamajon513
Curious - why sign up for pre-check if Global Entry is just another $15?
"I don't have a passport" is the best reason I can think of for signing up for Pre instead of GE.

Of course, my mother is a passport stamp collector. As soon as I told her that with GE nobody stamps your passport on entry, she completely discounted that as an option and got Pre instead.

Originally Posted by Mark_T
Originally Posted by pa3lsvt
Anyone not getting Pre when they properly enter their GE or NEXUS PASS ID in the PNR is an anamoly or an error.
There is always a chance that you are unlucky and get randomly selected to 'fail'.

This is an intended part of the process but should not be a frequent occurrence for any one individual.
If you quoted me more completely, you would see that I covered that in my very next two sentences:
Originally Posted by pa3lsvt
Anyone not getting Pre when they properly enter their GE or NEXUS PASS ID in the PNR is an anamoly or an error. GE/NEXUS will get you Pre >99% of the time. I've missed it once in >180 segments, ...