FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA or BA Metal Between LAX-LHR (for Business class)
Old May 26, 2016, 12:56 pm
Geordie405

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by JDiver
Really? CW specifically blows away 77W J? I can't imagine anyone other than someone with a bit of a BA chauvinistic or masochistic streak saying that.

I've flown plenty of both, and I'd never, ever imagine how CW in its current guide could be nearly as comfortable as the 77W J product.
You mean the BA <redacted> on the BAEC forum? There are a lot of very entrenched opinions over there.

My take on this (as a loyal BA traveller who now lives in the US and flies a lot with AA) is that I would prefer the AA hard product on the 77W to the BA Club product on their 777. However, if I was flying on a 747 and could get seats on the upper deck then I would probably take that option as I do like the intimacy of the cabin and there are a few seats where you don't have to step over people.

I find the food generally slightly better on AA than BA but the wines tend to be better with BA. Service can be hit and miss with both, but I find that AA tends to be slightly harsher / colder / more perfunctory than BA. You certainly have more chance of multiple PDBs on BA though. I assume that the AA 77W still has in-flight Wi-Fi for the whole journey? That might be something to factor in as well.

One thing that I would emphasise, however, is that whether you're in BA or AA business class you're going to have a much better flight than the majority of the passengers who are down the back. I think a lot of people forget that. Flying in coach / economy is still the norm for the vast majority of passengers and there is a significant difference between coach and business, irrespective of whether you're with AA or BA. Relax, sit back and enjoy the flight would be my advice

Last edited by JDiver; May 26, 2016 at 1:05 pm Reason: Word not used in this forum redacted :)