FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase cards for bank funding
View Single Post
Old May 25, 2016, 10:52 pm
NoonRadar

Originally Posted by anubond005
Guys need some clarification on using Chase cards for bank funding. Read so many posts but found conflicting information. Do we need to make cash advance limit to zero to use it for funding?
I have Chase Ink, SW & Hyatt. Wanted to use SW and Hyatt for Buxx and other bank fundings. In the Buxx thread some posters mentioned not to make it zero for chase. Please advise. Thanks.
It is always a good idea to try to make your cash advance limit 0, or the smallest allowed limit. When you ask them, some banks will make it zero, some will lower it down to a certain amount only, some won't lower it at all from what it is preset. From my experience there is no firm policy or criteria, I've had the same bank make it zero before for a card but not for a new card now. I always ask though, for each new credit card I get. Another thing I do for new credit cards is change the payment due date to make it around the same time as the other credit cards.

I also have a separate cash advance column on my spreadsheet (where I keep track of the credit cards) for things like this.