FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Las Vegas, NV (co-located with the SLS Tribute Las Vegas) [Master Thread]
Old May 25, 2016, 10:52 pm
joeypore

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by davidw70
The corridor to the Lux tower from reception had temporary walls when I was there in February, behind which I was informed will be the W reception/living room. On check-out, they mentioned there might be some changes to the decor in the rooms. So, there's definitely something happening.
First thing, I was at the SLS on Monday, and I believe I saw something on the screens behind the check-in desks that said "December 2016." I could be remembering this incorrectly, as I wasn't really paying attention.

As of now, the W Las Vegas website shows the current LUX tower rooms (which are quite nice) as the future W rooms.

My guess is they will take down the wall drapes (they have giant cloth pieces that cover the walls in the rooms with SLS designs) and likely change the fonts used on things like the room numbers on the doors, and small things like the accessories of course.

But mostly, the rooms already look like they belong in a W hotel, which I'm sure will make their transition quite easy. The locks on the rooms are already the chip-based ones like the W use as well.

I don't see them making that many changes at all to the LUX tower to change it over to a W, as the two brands are very similar.

I myself am excited to see what they do with the W's grand opening. I'm sure they'll do something massive, and it'll be fun to be a part of.

I am deeply curious as to what they will try to fetch for the W's room rates, as the SLS it seems as been trying to get rates anywhere from $100 - $150 lately, but that may be also because more events are happening this time of year around the convention center area. However, I doubt that in normal seasons the W will be able to get much more than $150 for weekdays, hardly more than $250-300 on the weekends. The location still just isn't good enough to justify higher costs than the Bellagio, Aria, Caesar's etc.