FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)
Old May 25, 2016, 5:48 am
rbAA

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by clubman
Those of you familiar with the hotel, what do you think of the following?

Looking for 3 nights in October/November.
I would like to book a Deluxe HV using a BOGOF for the first two nights ,and book the third night on points.
Reading through the thread a little, am I right to assume I'm likely to be able to get a decent upgrade offer from them in advance, to make sure the third night is booked into the same category, rather than have to move into a standard room on the last night?

Also, as a regular Ambassador, not RA (in fact both of us are...), am I likely to be upgraded from Deluxe HV to a HV Junior suite?

To be honest, the suite isn't as important to me as the third free night issue.

Also, when booking through the BOGOF page, there doesn't seem to be an offer to add breakfast to the rate as there is on the regular booking page (500HKD for two). are they likely to be able to add this after I make the booking?
Keep in mind that the award night is the base-Superior Room. If they did UPG it it's one category to Deluxe Room. As RA, I recently had a 4 night stay, first night award, then 2 nts on BOGO which I booked as Harbor View, then another award night. The award nights were UPG'd in the system, before checkin, to Superior Jr. Suite and the 2 nts on BOGO to Deluxe Jr. Suite. Difference is the view with Deluxe being better, and I was given Room 1516 so those have the best views. I was quoted HK$900 to UPG from the Superior Jr to Deluxe Jr for the award nights, but that was waived, so I received the Deluxe Jr. Suite all 4 nts. Not sure that they would always be that generous, but I've stayed there a couple times before.