FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - flight time change advice needed
View Single Post
Old May 25, 2016, 3:39 am
BerksFlyer

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
flight time change advice needed

Later this year I have a CE booking from SVG to LHR that has been moved forward 3h35m on a Sunday turning it from an evening flight to an afternoon flight. The new time makes it impossible for me to get from the event I am attending to the airport in time to make the new earlier departure time.

A quick look online shows that I can get to OSL fairly cheaply with Norwegian in time to get the last OSL to LHR flight so I called the gold line and they are refusing to change me to the OSL to LHR flight and are saying my only two options are to have a refund or fly the following day from SVG, which is also not feasible. If I want to go via OSL they are saying I need to pay the change fee and fare difference rather than it being a free re-booking due to a flight change.

I thought that getting myself to OSL at my own expense was a reasonable way out of this hole but BA don't seem to agree (and if I'm honest I'm a little disappointed with the lack of flexibility). What does the collective FT wisdom think? Do I suck it up, take the refund and re-book with a different carrier or should I persist in trying to persuade BA that the OSL move is a good compromise all round?

Last edited by BerksFlyer; May 25, 2016 at 4:05 am