FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - T Mobile Global data coverage
View Single Post
Old May 23, 2016, 6:41 am
LordHamster

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Originally Posted by jalabi99
When I was India, from time to time, on my T-Mobile handset, I would have problems connecting to Uber. This happened mainly in Hyderabad and in Delhi, but otherwise it worked great. When it would drop to 2G of course web browsing was slow, but not unmanageable. Whatsapp worked like a charm anywhere and everywhere I went, no matter which country I was in.

All in all, thus far, I would count T-Mobile's Simple Choice Plan roaming global data coverage as a WIN.
I had no issues with data in Mumbai, but in Trivandrum it was VERY problematic. IT would connect to voice providers but no data. On previous trips, I found that turning off LTE fixed the issue, no such luck this time. I'd estimate that my iPhone only had data about 10% of the time while in Trivandrum. Once I was back in Mumbai it worked like a charm again.

This service is still the #1 reason my family uses T-Mobile. We travel extensively internationally and this has been a lifesaver. I just wish they'd bump it up to 256k speeds like Google Fi.