FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)
Old May 22, 2016, 6:08 pm
rbAA

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Here now (end of a 4 night long weekend stay.) The construction is not much of a problem, you just have to always access the hotel from the street in front, so the sides are blocked off. No noise, dust or dirt, just a large barge with a crane parked in front, though I'm in 1516, a Deluxe Jr. Suite, so barely notice it. Lower floors might.

On the question of superior vs deluxe, they do have a Superior Jr Suite vs the Deluxe Jr Suite, and the difference is the quality of the view. Deluxe is complete view (as discussed in the previous post about the xx16 rooms,) vs a view but maybe not both all of Central to Causeway and points east, which is what the Deluxe rooms have.

Great place, even at 60k points and a good use of my recently received BOGO (had to ask for it too many times since requalified 10/31/15.) The lounge is good, though the evening food offerings are more appetizers than feast. Fine, as I like to go out to eat away. Breakfast is great, with a nice selection of menu items to supplement the buffet. Great service, though yesterday my travel companion's omlette didn't arrive. At afternoon tea, she was given a nice box of chocolates and sincere apology by one of the staff.