FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A321 (legacy US Airways A321-200) master thread
Old May 22, 2016, 4:00 pm
GotCalcio4

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by aztimm
or really anything else.
Not sure what the "anything else" refers to, but as others have posted above, 90%+ of the LUS fleet had wifi, including all 321s. I think the LUS management team wagered that most people prefer wifi to IFE (as I do, but realize many do not) when making the decision to go with only wifi, rather than reinstall IFE systems.

Originally Posted by joepercussion1
I like the LUS crews and the planes aren't terrible, but until they upgrade the interiors a bit to include at least power (and maybe some free streaming entertainment like UA to match the offerings on the AVOD LAA planes, unless we see AVOD on the LUS 321s eventually), then getting a LUS 321 is a sore disappointment.

On longer flights, I will always route through DFW vs CLT to hopefully avoid the LUS 321, but seeing this is less than guaranteed now is sad. Hopefully this changes in the near future.
At one point US had plans to launch a streaming on-demand entertainment service via Gogo. Not sure if that ever came to fruition. I have seen rumors that when the LUS refurb begins, they aircraft will refurbed to actually match their LAA counterparts, unlike the 319 half-furb, which includes IFE and power. Let's hope that's the case.