FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upscale Resorts (Caribbean)
View Single Post
Old May 19, 2016, 9:50 am
katesy

Ladera is really magical! It's the most memorable trip I took with my then-boyfriend, now-husband. I'm a very indoorsy gal, and my husband hates light and heat, but we both found the setting to be really comfortable and relaxing.

As for the others mentioned, we love the RC Dorado and go every year. It will always be easy for you to get to, however, so I would suggest doing something more out there and save it for down the road when you prize convenience.

Viceroy Anguilla does not have a good plunge pool set-up (they're very small and don't get very warm). We stayed there right after it opened and had a great food and service experience, but I hear that has changed for the worse. I would check out Malliouhana on Anguilla instead. Some great restaurants and beaches on Anguilla.

We have only dined at Amanyara, not stayed, because our friends who have stayed there all leave very disappointed with the service and value.

Have you thought about St. Bart's? Harbour Island? Both have great ambience, gorgeous beaches and some nice places to stay.